At Pieces Tech we are building a future where engineering and analytics can be leveraged to improve quality of life. We are looking for A-Players who want to take projects from ideation to completion—across the full technology stack.
We move fast and learn together. From day one our team solves real-world problems through deep clinical research, the right big data questions and diverse technical engineering.
Own your role, show initiative, and seek out responsibility. Fresh perspectives, limitless ideas, and supportive teamwork are strongly valued here. Your voice will be heard.
…Pieces Tech material
The Data Scientist is responsible for developing advanced analytics and business intelligence applications that enable knowledge discovery in health care organizations. Our goal is to use these findings to improve patient care quality, outcomes, and clinical decision making.
- Participates in project preparation, exploring the scope, depth, and challenges of new projects, and formulating strategies and action plans.
- Responsible for leading efforts in dissecting, designing, analyzing, developing, summarizing, and presenting predictive modeling, machine learning, and other advanced analytics solutions to key stakeholders. Works independently or with a team to transfer R&D results and outcomes to software development.
- Responsible for data scoping, exploration, identification, extraction, cleaning, applying logic or other data manipulation process, verifying data elements and constructing the database that is relevant of individual project.
- Provides consultation and supervision for technology transfer to ensure applications operate according to the appropriate analytical framework. Performs complex data analysis to identify patterns, correlations, trends and anomalies in order to obtain insights into historical and future performance.
- Takes initiatives to conduct in-depth assessment and selection of most appropriate methodologies for the project given its complexity, scope, and data structure for statistical analysis, overall descriptive statistics, exploratory data analyses, including graphs, schematic summaries, and necessary transformations and confirmatory data analyses, including statistical tests and/or modeling.
- Responsible for tracking project-specific issues from initiation through release. Independently identifies & troubleshoots problems encountered during the process. Responsible for preparation of data files and statistical reports for project release. Identifies systematic problems with data and software.
- Participates in formulating data/analytics core-related strategies, action plans, steps and training/development plans.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Engages in continuous improvement for outcome, accuracy, and efficiency. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field of data analysis by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, and actively participating in professional organizations. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the assigned department. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
- Creates & maintains detailed documentation of model-specific methodology. Works closely with product management to obtain and maintain detailed model requirements and develops models accordingly.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Knowledge of machine learning, deep learning, informatics, and statistical methods, concepts, practices, procedures and their applications
- Critical thinking skills
- Word processing, spreadsheet, data management, and statistical analysis software
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or R in performing data cleaning, manipulation, processing management and statistical analysis is required.
- Experience with database development and ETL is a plus
- Experience with text mining is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, applied math, informatics, or related field.
- Prefer a PhD or a Master’s degree with three years experience in a related field.
- Prefer mathematical, statistical, or artificial intelligence courseworks at the advanced level.
- Five years of experience in analysis of healthcare or business related data and information systems
- Research and development experience in predictive modeling, data mining, and management, and other advanced analytics in the development of business intelligence and technology transfer.
- Prefer experience working with clinical data for healthcare delivery organizations and/or healthcare applications
Job Location: Dallas, Texas
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Head of Marketing
The Head of Marketing will define and optimize strategic and tactical components of marketing at Pieces Technologies. This individual will oversee brand integrity, develop and implement direct marketing programs to generate awareness, craft go-to-market messaging, work closely and synergistically with the Sales team, and executive team. We are looking for a unique combination of hands-on strategic and tactical marketing operations skills. The responsibilities include the following
- Maximize our presence in the market among key influencers and clients across conferences, speaking opportunities and other content assets as needed.
- Define and direct marketing programs for demand generation, thought leadership and client engagement.
- Craft messaging that ties our data & analytics platform, community health initiatives, and consulting services together into one cohesive and powerful narrative, while honing tight messages for individual products and offerings.
- Measure marketing results and ROI by developing and tracking KPIs.
- Work with external partners on co-marketing activities as needed.
- Triage of campaign generated marketing-qualified leads to the sales team, monitoring lead quality and ensuring sales follow-up.
- Ownership of the processes where sales and marketing communicate and collaborate on marketing campaigns e.g. preparing campaign target lists, coordinating timely follow-up, tracking progress, capturing feedback and etc.
- Measuring the number of leads generation by the marketing team by campaign, resulting meetings, opportunities and closed deals
- Ownership of the size and quality of our house list, including solution/audience-specific segments, in close coordination with our sales and marketing intelligence team
- Ownership of webinar execution, production and follow-up – including maintaining a webinar playbook
- Ownership of email marketing, including extensive use of our marketing automation system Active Campaign, and Salesforce
- Define, maintain, and reinforce brand integrity, including but not limited to style guides, presentations, and marketing collateral.
- Excellent strategic thinking, analytical and creative skills
- Ability to turn complex technology concepts into clear communications
- Extremely organized and able to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Outstanding communication, presentation and writing skills; PowerPoint/Keynote development skills a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Graduate degree in business or marketing field (preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in strategic and/or marketing operations
- Experience in B2B enterprise marketing
- Proven understanding of the healthcare industry; start up experience a plus
Job Location: Dallas, Texas
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Sales Representative - Client Services
We’re looking for people-persons & new business rockstars who enjoy working on a cross-functional and highly ambitious team to deliver. The sales representative works with our Client Services team to deliver on clients’ goals, objectives and overall strategic direction. The Sales Representative will and play a primary role in driving revenue for our software & services solutions.
- Lead generation
- Qualifying prospects
- Delivering Product Demos
- Managing the sales of Pieces Tech’s products & services
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field of software sales management by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, and actively participating in professional organizations. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the Pieces Tech Sales department. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
- Working closely with the marketing team to develop and execute on digital lead generation operations & content for sales collateral.
- Develops new techniques using various customer sales methods (door-to-door, cold calling, presentations etc) to increase sales pipeline
- Evaluate customer capabilities and needs, and builds productive long lasting relationships
- Meet personal and team sales targets
- Research accounts and generate or follow through sales leads
- Attend meeting, sales events and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments
- Report and provide feedback to management using financial statistical d
- Utilize personal network to identify and generate sales opportunities for target customers
- Product knowledge
- Rapport building
- Active Listening
- Time Management
- Closing Techniques
- Post Relationship Management
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in proven business development experience, consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets, or similar levels of attainment in healthcare consulting/professional services.
- Demonstrable personal revenue targets at previous positions.
- Experience developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and present to key leaders in the medical and healthcare sector.
- Health care background and experience with large health systems clients.
- Experience with contract and price negotiations and contract management.
- Prefer sales experience in healthcare and technology environment with software sales experience.
- Technical Salesforce CRM experience, highly preferred
Job Location: Dallas, Texas
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Vice President of Engineering
The VP of Engineering (VPE) position will lead software development (engineering) projects for Iris line of business (LOB). The VPE reports to the CTO and will be accountable for implementing the vision and product roadmap articulated by the CTO. The responsibilities of the VPE includes the following:
- Chart and streamline processes and take care of the day to day operations. Continuous improvement of processes and ensuring compliance (company and regulatory bodies).
- Manage SDLC from inception (requirements) to deployment and production support.
- Responsible for requirements elicitation, proper documentation throughout SDLC.
- Articulate, collect and publish metrics and KPIs.
- Aptly allocate assigned resource pools to projects.
- Budget managing with a goal of continuously reducing cost of doing business.
- Verify that customers yield expected value from our systems.
- Communicate, coordinate, and establish schedules with internal and external entities outside of Tech. You will be working with our client engagement teams, customers, and many other department in Pieces Technologies — making them successful while balancing prior Tech engagements and expected quality of deliverables. You will need to balance delivering high quality software that is scalable, maintainable, and highly reliable while meeting schedules, allotted budget, and addressing business needs.
- Responsible for systems’ operations in Production and other environments. You will be responsible for capacity modeling, planning, and optimization. You will assign Tech talent to production support and other tasks beyond software development. You will develop and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Be the business owner of contracts, licensing, renewals, and vendor management. Strong understanding of vendor selection process and the technical rationale for selection is mandatory.
- Accountable for compliance and overall quality of Tech deliverables. Have an appreciation for technical and other project related documentation and be responsible for this important component of our projects. Ensures that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Conducting research on technical and business questions, suggest how to optimize the Tech organization, research new ideas, present alternatives and experimental results.
- Project managing in a dynamic, lean, startup environment, and address multiple and changing priorities. Matrixed management and planning are key tenets of our research and development methodology and we need you to be comfortable in such environment. This job requires a lot of coordination and many entities are involved.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
- Knowledge of product and generic systems development (as opposed to custom software).
- Proven ability to negotiate priorities with internal department leaders and customers.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, diagramming, etcetera.
- Proven ability to manage technical talent, understand their needs, and keep them motivated.
- Own your tasks, be able to take notes and follow through.
- Understand the difference between level of effort, duration, and scheduling and manage accordingly.
- Be honest and a humble team player.
- Be an excellent planner and project manager.
- Proven record of building system of record SaaS platforms.
- Demonstrate an understand high volume user management platform engineering.
- Detail oriented. If you decide to apply to this role include the phrase “R2D2” in a creative way in your resume or cover letter.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be on top of your game.
- Matrixed management and planning are key tenets of our research and development methodology and we need you to be comfortable in such environment. This job requires a lot of coordination and many entities are involved.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited university.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Director or VP Engineering with similar aforementioned roles and responsibilities
- Job Location
- Dallas, Texas, United States
- Position Type
Working at Pieces Tech
Work-Life Balance: We know adventure is the best way to learn. Go explore when you want.
Health: The health of our population is vital. We have great medical, vision and dental benefits.
Food: It’s snack time, anytime. And we keep it well stocked.
More to come: We are new and we are growing. More spiffs on the way!